Have you tried to find out how much your prescription medication costs? We know that the cost of medication can be a barrier to effective health care, and we are striving to give you the best options for each dollar you spend.
You will need to make your medications decisions in concert with your own personal physician, but here is a basic approach that may be helpful to find what medication will work best for your budget.
- See if there is a generic medication that will suit your needs.
- If there is no generic equivalent, try to find a certified, U.S.-based online drug store that gives you the best price (At this time, it is illegal to import medications that are not approved by the Federal Drug Administration).
- If you still cannot afford the medication, there are patient assistance programs that you can apply for to gain access to your needed medication.
In using this approach, we have reviewed sites to help you make sense of the cash markets that currently exist. These sites are maintained by external websites and their accuracy cannot be guaranteed by HealthScepter.
- Generic medication - MedTipster.com and HealthWarehouse.com – these are the best sites for searching for generic medications. Use these sites to save money purchasing generic medications.
- Generic and brand medication - The following are online sites that are certified by the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites (VIPPS) program from the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy. They are U.S. based and can ship directly to you.
- Patient Assistance Programs – These sites are very helpful if you need assistance to obtain medications.
Technology changes quickly! Did we miss something? If you have further recommendations that we need to review, we would love to hear from you.